Today kicks off the start to heart health month. Learn how to reduce your risk of heart disease with these simple tips and come back and visit me on Friday to get a killer aerobic workout that will pump you up!
Reasons Exercising for a Healthy Heart can improve the heart muscle and put you at a better risk for NOT developing heart disease:
- Strengthens your heart and cardiovascular system.
- Improves your circulation and help your body use oxygen better.
- Increases energy levels so you can do more activities without becoming tired or short of breath.
- Increases endurance.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Improves muscle tone and strength.
- Improves balance and joint flexibility.
- Improves looks
- Strengthens bones.
- Helps reduce body fat which can help you reach a healthy weight.
- Helps reduce stress, tension, anxiety and depression.
- Boost self-image and self-esteem.
- Improves sleep.
- Improves bowel movements.
- Makes you feel more relaxed and rested.
- Makes you look fit and feel healthy.
What can you do for exercise? Besides doing the BarBelles videos, you can make up your own workouts using these aerobic exercises:
Running, Walking, Jogging, Biking, Skiing/Snowboarding, Jump Rope, High Knees, Jumping Jacks, swimming, elliptical, plyometrics, cross country skiing, hiking, climbing, skating, and kickboxing/boxing.
How do you stay interested in exercise?
Switch it up! Make a list of the different activities you can do each day and DO them.
How many times a week should I exercise?
Everyday! Realistically, you should be exercising 5 times a week for 25-30 minutes each time. The more intense the exercise, the more calories you burn.
What else can you do to keep your heart healthy?
Eat Clean. Eat foods that are rich in vitamins and nutrients. Things like whole wheat/whole grain, veggies, fruits, lean proteins, healthy fats (nuts, oils, avocado).