1 large head of cauliflower1 potato, peeled and diced1 tablespoon coconut oil1 onion, diced2 large carrots, diced6 fresh cloves garlic, smashed2 cups vegetable broth1 cup of water1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper1/2 cup milkPrep:
- Wash and core the cauliflower, then coarsely chop.
- Heat a large, deep pot over medium-high heat, then add coconut oil. When oil is melted, add onions, potatoes, carrots, and garlic. Stir with a spoon and cook until they’re soft and golden for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and cook until beginning to brown.
- Add the broth and water, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the vegetables are very tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Add in milk and pepper.
- Puree soup in a blender (if you use blender, make sure you do not completely close the top…..you want the hot air to escape. MAKE sure to keep your hand on the lid or else you will have a huge mess) or with an immersion blender.