20 minute Stair workout is a workout designed to BURN calories and lose fat and tone your muscles. Follow this 20 minute workout and do it 1 time a week for the best results. To increase your calorie burn, repeat the workout to make it a 40 minute workout.
Find a high school stadium, parking garage, building with stair access, or any other set of stairs that has a good amount of steps to work with. Make sure to take a friend with you so you are not alone. If you can only use the stairs in your house, those will work too.
- Complete a warm-up of 2 minutes up and down the stairs
- 2 minutes skipping each stair as you go up, walk back down
- 1 minute decline stair pushups (hands on ground and feet placed on bottom step, make sure you stay in a plank position and perform a pushup)
- 1 minute of squat jumps up the steps (At bottom of the steps, stand with your legs shoulder-width apart, squat and jump up to the next step. As you land, drop into a squat. Proceed squatting/jumping on each stair, transitioning smoothly from squat to jump. Land softly and keep chest up. When you reach the top of the stairs, walk back down
- 2 minutes of running up the stairs
- 1 minute of dips
- 1 minute lunging up the stairs
- 1 minute of toe taps (At the bottom of the steps, stand in front of the first step. Jump and tap your right foot onto the first step, then jump and switch legs so that your left foot taps the stairs. Continue jumping and quickly alternating your feet)
- 2 minutes running up the steps
- 1 minute incline pushups (feet on the ground and hands on the bottom step-make sure to stay in strict plank position and bring chest to the step)
- 1 minute mountain climbers (Facing the steps, put hands on the bottom step with your arms pressed into your sides, legs extended behind you, and core engaged (push-up/plank position. Bring your left knee to your left elbow, then return your foot to the floor. Alternate legs, bringing your right knee to your right elbow, then returning your foot to the floor)
- 1 minute of side step ups (right side)
- 1 minute of side step ups (left side)
- 3 minutes running up stairs, walk back down